1. Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz. Horowitz uses his horror writing skills to build suspense that keeps me aching for the next book in the series.
2. Fang by James Patterson. Patterson has mastered writing suspense, battling details, plot-twists and the all-around mayhem that he has inflicted upon his characters.
3. Fall of A Kingdom by Hilari Bell. The war-bound plot keeps the reader in the dark until the last page has been turned.
4. Necropolis by Anthony Horowitz. Although the heroes have finally gathered together, Horowitz twists a tale of good versus evil – reminding us that some questions are better left unanswered.
5. Daniel X: Watch the Skies by James Patterson. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best solutions.