1. Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut. This is the story of one man’s experience during WWII and how it affected him. It’s a completely different perspective – not what you would expect.
2. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I like the description of the town and the people in it. You feel what it is like to live there.
3. Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang. This is a collection of unique short stories. It is well-written and inventive. “Story of Your Life” defines what it is to be a mom.
4. The Actual by Saul Bellow. This is a wonderful short story about a man finding his true love.
5. Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers by Fred Rogers. Mr. Rogers understands how children “work.” I find myself using his words and ideas to explain things to my son frequently.