- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. This is the most wonderful book about friendship. I read it to my second-graders every year, and we all cried at the end.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. This was the first adult fiction novel that I ever read. I think I was 13.
- Any book written by Karen Armstrong. Her books about religion are thought-provoking and enlightening.
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. The author is an amazing writer.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I never get tired of reading Elizabeth and Darcy’s story.